Friday, August 15, 2014

164 Days Left

Went for a late evening jog last night with the Mrs. through scenic Coral Gables. South on Ponce de Leon, past Miracle Mile, and around Ponce Circle Park. The night life was winding down, but people still dotted the sushi restaurants and convenience stores. I wore my Vibrams which led to some foot pain since I don't wear them enough, but as a Primal practitioner I swear by barefooted-ness. I don't think I'll be running 13.1 miles with my five finger toe shoes, but who knows. The heart and lungs held up better than expected for a 2.8 mile 10:20PM run an hour after eating dinner. Upon arriving back home I did some foam rolling which exposed some pain in my quads around the knee. This is due to weightlifting and not running, but I really want a rumble roller to work out those knots. I can't substantiate the $60 price tag so I'll continue to search for a used one or beg my friends who don't use theirs to let me buy it for $30. Overall I feed confident about this upcoming running reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment